Barnsley College is a large mainstream college of further education offering a vast range of courses covering many vocational and academic areas.
Barnsley College Learner's Charter
We hope to provide you with a learning and listening community.
What you can expect from us:
- We recognise you as an individual with a wide range of talents whatever your background.
- We share responsibility with you in planning what you want to learn.
- We help you to understand the choices open to you and how the choices can help you.
- We will help you to develop all the skills necessary so that you are a successful learner.
Skills and Knowledge
- We will support you in working with others to plan what you learn.
- We will teach you well and help you to meet your course requirements and make good progress.
- We aim to help you use the skills you have already developed.
- We will support you to gain confidence in taking on new challenges.
- We will give you support to enable you to achieve your targets and goals.
How and where you learn
- We will provide different teaching and learning approaches and up-to-date resources which meet your personal needs and help you meet the demands of your course.
- Our teaching and support staff will support you in all aspects of your learning.
- The College offers modern, learning environments with up-to-date resources which are designed to help you progress quickly.
Listening to you
- We will ask for your views about your learning in the College along with your views of all the services offered to help us to improve quality
- We will ask you to think about your own learning and help plan your next steps.
- We will provide independent advice, information and guidance to help you plan your future learning.
- We will review your work and provide feedback on how to improve your own standards.
- We will recognise and give praise for your achievements.
- We will make sure that you know that you are valued and listened to.
Who to contact