Assessment and Review Team - Special Educational Needs - SEN
The team works closely with parents, schools and a range of other agencies to facilitate Education Health and Care Needs Assessment. The team also facilitates placements, support and funding for pupils with an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP). The team works in close partnership with parents/carers and professionals.
The Assessment and Review Team is part of the Education, Early Start and Prevention Service within the People Directorate at Barnsley Council and has a crucial role in meeting Local Authority statutory responsibilities.
Team members include the Service & Strategy Manager, Assessment and Review Officers, an SEN Officer, SEN Casework Officers and Assistant SEN Casework Officers.
- Has procedures in place to ensure fair and consistent decision making in relation to requests for an Education Health and Care Needs Assessment
- Co-ordinates the drafting of Education Health and Care Plans as appropriate
- Considers requests for changes of placement and provision for pupils with an EHCP
- Considers the advice received from a range of professionals for statutory assessment.
The team also attends Annual Review meetings to provide advice and guidance around the statutory processes.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Assessment and Review Team
PO Box 634
- S70 9GG