Families Information Service (FIS) is part of BMBC providing information around accessing childcare cost, things to do in local areas, support services.
Here's how we provide information to families and Young people with SEND
The Local Offer will provide the right information at the right time. Enabling parents,
carers and young people to make informed choices about the services and support they recieve.
It is maintained by the Information & Involvemnet Officer for disabled children and young people sitting within FIS.
- They source new information about services to support SEND families and make sure they are on the local offer.
- They make sure the information on the Local Offer is accurate and up to date
The Local Offer in person, we do not have a case load or work 1:1 with families but we can signpost to services.
We are knowledgable in all services that support SEND, SEND families, referral pathways and how to access them.
We can also give information on early help and how to access.
Their role is to share information with families so families know:
- What services are available to them and how to contact services
- What groups, activities and events are happening and when
- Information that is valuable to families
- Facilitate the Monthly Local Offer drop in
- Consult with parents on the local offer
You can call us on 0800 0345 340
Or email email@example.com
It is a way for families to communicate with us, and how we share information with famileis.
There's top posts on
- Changes to the Local Offer.
- BMBC updates,
- New services,
- Changes to strategies
- anything and everything to help family life
Like and share our page
Our termly Newsletter keeps families up to date with what's new on the Local Offer.
Families who are signed up to our Disabled Children's Register (DCR) receive our ‘What’s New on the Local Offer’ newsletter by email.
It's a great way of letting families know what has changed on the Local Offer, and goes out once a term.
The session is for parents and carers to come along and to talk to key SEND services, about any concerns they may have.
To find out which services attend and when the next session is click here
FIS host a weekly coffee morning for SEND parents and carers, it's every Tuesday during term time from 9am - 11am.
No need to book, just come along :
Meet other SEND parents and find out what information atvice and support its available.
Dearne Family Centre, Billingley View, Bolton upon Dearne, Rotherham S63 8ES
Famileis Information Service Promotes and maintains the Disabled Children's Register