Skip to main content

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

f you are over 16 and have a disability that gives you difficulties with day-to-day life, you may be entitled to Personal Independence Payment (PIP).

It’s a weekly payment that can help you with some of the extra costs of having long term ill-health or a disability.

How do I apply?

You or someone on your behalf will need to ring the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to apply for a Personal Independence Payment.

All the information you’ll need about Personal Independence Payments can be found here.

Look on the Local Offer website for benefits and financial support

Contact details

Telephone: 0800 917 2222
Textphone: 0800 917 7777
NGT text relay (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 917 2222
Video relay service for British Sign Language (BSL) users - check you can use the service


Who to contact

Contact Name
Department foe Work and pensions (DWP)
DWP Website
Last updated on 19/11/2021
rating button