Wilthorpe Family Centre: Things to Do
Wilthorpe Family Centre is an Outreach Site.
What is an Outreach Site ?
An Outreach site will only open when groups or services are being delivered. To find out when Wilthorpe Family Centre is open please ring Athersley Family Centre on 01226 296969
What is a Family Centre?
Family Centres deliver integrated services for children pre-birth up to 19 years (or 25 years if the young person has a disability) offering a variety of provision according to the needs of local families. Family Centres bring together practitioners from a range of universal, targeted and specialist services in each local area including schools, police, social care, private and voluntary sector and some adult services. Services delivered will vary in each area depending on the needs of families and the wider community.
Early help services are co-ordinated and delivered through Family Centres and:
• Support children to be ready for school and thrive in school
• Support parents and carers to develop their parenting skills
• Support parents and carers to develop personal skills, access training and education and enhance their ability to access employment
• Support parents and carers to keep children safe
• Help children to achieve their full potential and reduce inequalities in their health and development
• Support the development of healthy lifestyles for children
• Support families to build their own resilience
Services for adults play an essential role in our early help approach as these can impact on adults parenting capacity and family life. Some adults have additional needs which can impact negatively on family life if not supported. Services which predominantly work with either children and young people or adults need to adopt a ‘think family’ approach to secure better outcomes for children, young people and families with additional needs, through co-ordinating the support they provide.
This site is linked to the following main site:
Who to contact
Ring Athersley Family Centre on 01226 296969
Ring Families Information Service on 0800 0345 340
Where to go
Wilthorpe Family Centre
- S75 1AQ
- Please note there may be a small charge for some groups (approx £1.50)
- Contact Telephone
- 01226 296969
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type