Skip to main content

Helen Josling (Childminder)

I am an experienced childminder rated Outstanding by Ofsted on my last 2 inspections. I am qualified to offer Nursery Education Funding to children from the term after their 3rd birthday and to offer free care to eligible two year olds. I have a fully resourced indoor & outdoor environment which is regularly changed to offer a safe, suitable and stimulating environment to the children in my care. I regularly visit playgroups, a local play area and local parks and I have close links with my neighbouring school where I drop off and collect a number of children. These activities all provide natural learning and communication opportunities. I am more than happy to care for children with additional needs, requiring special diets or requiring other individual requirements after consultation with parents/carers and other professionals as required. An individual care plan will be arranged with parents/carers and professionals if necessary.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Helen Josling
Contact Position

Where to go

S75 1LB

There is parking available outside the property for drop off and collection of children.

Other Details


Table of costs
Table of costs
AmountCost Type
£4.30 Childminder cost per hour
£5.50 for before school session. £9.50 for collection and after school session(until 5pm)

Childcare Information

Age Range

0 years,6 months
11 years,11 months


Immediate vacancies
I am not taking on any more children either pre-school or school age

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding

School Pickups

Offers pickups
Barugh Green Primary
At the moment I only drop off and collect at Barugh Green school

Ofsted Information

Ofsted URN
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 

Local Offer


I offer the 30 hour free childcare entitlement for eligible 3 and 4 year old children and can help you access information and the choices available for all children. 

I am willing to share the 30 hour funded hours with other settings on the understanding that information is shared where it is in the interest of the child. I already have a family who share their 30 hour funding between myself and another local setting.

I offer care to all children, regardless of their needs, as long as the child's requirements fit in with the children I already care for and I am able to access the equipment, training and expertise needed for them and my house and garden is suitable with reasonable adjustments.

If your child has a special educational need or disability, I will support you and your child by working closely with you as a family and attending any relevant training to help me care for your child in the best way possible.

I undertake Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Training at least every three years to keep me up to date with current legislation and the local Early Help support available to you and your family and to myself.

I have basic training in supporting children with Asperger's syndrome, children with some hearing and sight loss and supporting children requiring help with communication. I am willing to attend any training which would help me care for your child's individual needs.

I will make any reasonable adjustments to my home to accommodate individual children and their needs.

If I look after a child with complex needs, I will work with parents/carers and other professionals to ensure their individual medical and physical needs are met in addition to accessing relevant training.

Schools Extended Local Offer Response

How do we offer support to children or young people with a special educational need or disability?

I talk to parents before their child attends my setting and I closely monitor the progress and development of each child in my care. If I have any concerns I speak to my childminding manager and you as parents and discuss any individual and extra needs your child may have. Children have special educational needs if "They have a learning difficulty wiiich calls for special educational provision to be made for them"

I will work with you as parents/carares and any other professionals to put together an indvidual programme of care and learning which supports the individual child and provides for their needs.

I have a very flexible approach and am aware that all children learn in different ways. The learning and development needs of your child will be taken into consideration with all the planning of my indoor and outdoor learning environment

I track the progress of all the children in my care and have a formal progress meeting twice a year as well as the opportunity to meet and discuss progress at any other time as well as informal chats whenever you bring/collect your child.

I will write down "Next Steps" for each child which I share with you and give suggestions of how you can support your child's learning and development. 

I know that early identification and early intervention is very important and will support your child as their needs become known and as they change over time. I will make any reasonable adjustments to cater for your child's needs and will access support from outside agencies.

As with all children I would arrange visits with yourself and then short visits without you before your child started in my care to give them time to become familiar with me and me to get to know them. This settling in period is flexible, dependent on the needs of your child. I will find out as much as possible about your child eg. their likes and dislikes to help them settle. Before they move to another setting, I will write a transition report and will visit to discuss your child's individual and specific needs.

If an Education, health and care plan is in place, support will be available for your child. Transport, leisure and other activities are available under the authorities Local Offer for children with additional needs and disabilities.

Parents are encouraged to stay as long ast they want/their child needs and welcome to come to the setting at any time and to attend any of the toddler groups I attend to see me and their child.

What specialist training, experience and expertise do we have relevant to children with special educational needs and disabilities?

I will access the services of other, relevant professionals and will access their resources if possible.

I have had special educational needs training and basic training in working with children with autism, hearing loss and limited sight. I would access relevant training if I started to care for a child with a specific individull need or disability.

How accessible is our setting?

Any visits/activities I plan are planned with the children in my care in mind. I would make any reasonable adjustments to cater for your child.

A ramp could be used to access my front step and the 2 steps to my garden and I am willing to make any reasonable adjustments to cater for your child. Unfortunately, my toilet is upstairs.

I will buy/borrow/hire any individual resources your child needs and will access grants available to support your child.

Last updated on 09/09/2019
rating button