Yorkshire Sculpture Park - Near Barnsley
Yorkshire Sculpture Park (off Junc 38 M1 Motorway) is a pioneering place that aims to challenge, inspire, inform and delight, welcoming over 300,000 visitors, including 40,000 learning visits each year. The only one of its kind, Yorkshire Sculpture Park is an international centre for modern and contemporary art, experienced and enjoyed by thousands of visitors every year.
Explore open-air displays by some of the world’s finest artists, enjoy fascinating exhibitions throughout four stunning galleries, be inspired by the natural beauty of an historic estate, and get involved in a dynamic line up of events and activities. We strongly advise walking/wellington boots.
YSP is part of Yorkshire's Magnificent Attractions, a collection of the best and most exciting attractions in the Yorkshire region. Whenever you visit any one of Yorkshire's Magnificent Attractions you will have a great day out which is fun and educational. Find out more at yorkshireattractions.org
- Shop The spacious and tranquil YSP shop is housed in the award-winning YSP Centre and won the Northern Design Award for Best Independent Retailer in 2012. Open seven days a week from 10.00–16.00, you will find a beautiful range of gifts which include contemporary craft, art and design books, locally sourced food, children’s toys and educational products, and a wide range of gardening items.
- The YSP Restaurant is situated on the upper level in the YSP Centre with one of the best views in Yorkshire. From here panoramic views over the Country Park open up and monumental Henry Moore sculptures can be seen from a new perspective, seating both indoors and outdoors. Child-friendly food and highchairs available. for a delicious range of regionally sourced food and drink. Serving fairtrade speciality coffees, home-made cakes, freshly prepared chef's specials, sandwiches and soups. Hot food served daily until 15.00. Please note, we are unable to take bookings for the Restaurant. Private rooms are available for larger groups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- YSP Coffee Shops
There are two Coffee Shops onsite, one located in the YSP Centre and one at Longside Gallery. Both are ideally located to grab a quick drink and snack before starting out on a walk. The Coffee Shops are open at peak times, at weekends and during school and bank holidays.
Grounds & YSP Centre: 10.00–18.00
Galleries, Restaurant & Shop: 10.00–17.00
Longside Gallery (until 02.11.14): 10.00–16.00
Gates locked: 18.00
Closed 24, 25 December 2014
Admission is free BUT Parking charges apply YSP is a charity. Your parking fee supports everything we do.
Tales from the Gallery – Storytelling for Under 5s
Join us on the first Sunday of every month for interactive and immersive storytelling in the gallery.
A different story is created in the gallery every month by our spellbinding storytellers. Move, make and imagine together as the story inspired by the wonder of the David Smith: Sculpture 1932–1965 exhibition unfolds.
– Aimed at ages under five
– This event is suitable for wheelchair users. Please let us know your access requirements when booking
– We welcome families bringing buggies
Tickets for this event are bookable online: https://bit.ly/2lO5wu3
There are 2 sessions starting on Sunday 6th October. 10:00-10:45 and 11:15-12:00.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- WF4 4LG
Non educational providers Local Offer Response
- How accessible is the service and facilities for those with a disability
Yorkshire Sculpture Park has a good range of facilities. Including the Access Sculpture Trail.
Access Sulpture Trail is designed to respond to the seasons and time of day, providing a constantly changing environment. Over the years in which the trail has matured, artists have used the designed landscape as a site in which to place other work.
- Future developments
We are hoping to develop an early years programme.