Disabled Person's Rail Card
What is a Disabled Persons Railcard?
If you have a disability that makes travelling by train difficult you might qualify for the Disabled Persons Railcard.
The Disabled Persons Railcard let's you get 1/3 off most rail fares throughout the UK
If you're travelling with an adult companion they also can get 1/3 off their rail fare - so you can save money for your friends too!
How much is it?
£20 for a one-year Railcard or £54 for a three-year Railcard.
So, use your Railcard for a £60 fare and you'll save £20 on the journey. That means a one year Railcard has paid for itself in just one trip! Take a friend with you and you've saved enough for lunch, a visit to the cinema or whatever you both enjoy.
Who is eligible?
- receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either the higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or the higher or middle rate for the care component
- have a visual impairment
- have a hearing impairment
- have epilepsy
- receive Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance
- receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- receive War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
- buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme
How to apply
To apply for a Disabled Persons Railcard follow these simple steps:
Who to contact
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £20.00 Annual Subscription
- £20 per year or £54 for three years.