BSARCS (Barnsley Sexual Abuse & Rape Crisis Service)
Our main aims are:
- To support individuals and families who have experienced sexual abuse or rape at any point in their lives, irrespective of age, gender, culture or religion.
- To raise awareness of the issues surrounding sexual violence.
- Central to our aim is that we listen to and believe those who have experienced abuse.
BSARCS employs only professionally qualified staff who continue to undertake relevant specialist training. The organisation is a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and also of the Telephone Helplines Association, Rape Crisis England & Wales and The Survivors Trust.
Offering a range of services such as:
- Support for Women & Girls who have been affected by sexual violence
- Support for Men & Boys who have been affected by sexual violence
- Support for Friends & Family of those who have been affected by sexual violence
- Advocacy services through an Independent Sexual Violence Advocate (ISVA)
Please note in additon to our office telephone and email we also have an anonymous text & email support service which is open Mondays (except Bank Holidays) 10am-12noon and Thursdays 2:30pm-4pm. Anonymous Text 07786 20 90 70 and Anonymous Email email@example.com
Who to contact
Where to go
- S70 2JW