The Little Professors: Louise Bowskill & Jacqueline Tinley ( Childminders)
*Please note this setting is temporarily closed due to Covid-19*
We are Louise and Jacqueline and we are qualified childcare professionals, each with over 25 years experience in the childcare sector, including teaching others to work with children and young people.
We also have an apprentice working with us, Ellie, who is currently working towards her Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification.
Situated in Hoyland, near Springwood and West Meadows Primary schools in a quiet cul-de-sac in a detached house, we offer free flow play and learning between the indoor and outdoor environment. Children are encouraged to be social, curious, adventurous and confident through adult and child initiated play and learning experiences, both planned and unplanned, covering all learning areas within the EYFS.
Please take a look at our Facebook page, The Little Professors Childminding Partnership for further details and to read reviews from parents.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Little Professors
27, Wharncliffe Close
- S74 0HP
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.00 Childminder cost per hour £40.00 Childminder cost per day £200.00 Childminder cost per week
- Additional Information : Parent/child holiday – 2 weeks at half fee (one month’s notice required). Retaining a place in school holidays – half fee. To secure a place for your child a deposit equivalent to 2 weeks fees is required if starting within the following month. To retain a place for any longer than this period half fee payment will be required per month. 10% discount for siblings. Recommend a friend and receive 10% off one weeks fees for any friend you recommend who then signs a contract.
- 0 years,0 months
- 8 years,
- Immediate vacancies
- We have places available full time and part time .Minimum hours 4 hours a day on Thursday and Friday at the moment. We also have some space available before and after school and throughout the school holidays.
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 7:30am 6pm
- Offers pickups
West Meadows Primary
- Please note: Other schools in Hoyland will be considered if possible.
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
Please see details below in the questions for schools section for further infomation regarding how we support children with SEND.
Schools Extended Local Offer Response
- How do we offer support to children or young people with a special educational need or disability?
We carry out regular observations of children’s learning and development and assess this against the EYFS norms. Any information gathered is shared with parents. We encourage parents/carers to speak to us if they have any concerns regarding their child.
We will follow any SEN support plans provided. We will work with other professionals/external agencies where required. We will attend any training required to support the child.
We will use observations and information provided to inform planning of activities and experiences to ensure individual needs and interests are met.
We will speak to parents/carers on a daily basis and share the child’s records frequently. Photos and information of activities and experiences the child has participated in will be shared with parents/carers in their preferred format. Individual meetings to discuss children’s progress can also be arranged.
A child's well being is extremely important to us and continuous support will be given to ensure all children are happy, safe and healthy.
As children are all different and take varying amounts of time to settle, we will discuss settling in arrangements with parents/carers on an individual basis. When a child leaves the setting we will discuss with the parents/carers how they would like to approach this.
We will speak to parents/carers and any other professionals involved to inform decisions.
We have a parent’s notice board where information for parents is displayed. We have information books available for parents to borrow to support them with their child’s learning and development. We will speak to parents on a daily basis about their child’s learning and development. Daily care sheets are available if required. Some parents/carers also choose to receive photos/messages using different phone apps. We welcome any feedback and suggestions from parents/carers.
- What specialist training, experience and expertise do we have relevant to children with special educational needs and disabilities?
There are no specialist services available at the setting. However we liaise closely with external agencies/professionals where required. We have close links to local family services.
We have both attended training for moving and handling. We will research and attend any training relevant to support children’s individual needs.
- How accessible is our setting?
A risk assessment will be carried out. Children will be involved in planning any activities outside the setting including trips to ensure their needs and interests are met.
There are two steps to the main access point of the house and one step to the back garden.
We have a variety of resources available and we will access further resources as and when needed to meet individual needs.