Growing Wild Outdoor Nursery
Growing Wild Outdoor Nursery, is Barnsley's first outdoor nursery. We offer a unique outdoor learning experience where children can have adventures every day and experience all that nature can teach them, in a happy, secure environment. Set on Wigfield Farm in Worsbrough, we have two lovely garden areas and a large poly tunnel offering shelter, light and running water.
We are in a perfect spot, with access to the farm, a short walk to the woods and over the road from Worsborough Country Park. We offer funded and non-funded places for 2 to 5 year olds.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Growing Wild Outdoor Nursery
- S70 5NQ
You can find us at the far end of the car park, to the left.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.97 Childcare Cost per hour: 2yr olds £4.00 Childcare Cost per hour: 3-4yr olds £5.00 Breakfast Session per hour £49.00 Childcare Cost per day 2yr olds £45.00 Childcare Cost per day 3-4yr olds
- Funded hours available for term time. Full days only.
- Other notes
We are fully inclusive and offer places to all children.
- 2 years,0 months
- 5 years,0 months
- Immediate vacancies
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
- Funded places are available for term time Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4.30pm. The extra hours 8 to 9am and 4.30 to 5.30pm will be charged at £5/hr.
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
We believe all children should play and learn in the outdoors so we will do our best to work with families so that their child can access our provision.
Schools Extended Local Offer Response
- How do we offer support to children or young people with a special educational need or disability?
We hold meetings parents with meetings and other specialists working with the child and take advice and support from them. We look at what adaptations can be made. regular meetings are held so we know what is working and what isn't.
- What specialist training, experience and expertise do we have relevant to children with special educational needs and disabilities?
We are a new setting but increasing our knowledge and training all the time and willing to go under specific training to help individual children.
- How accessible is our setting?
We are an outdoor setting so ground is uneven but we do have paths through out 2 areas of the nursery. In terms of staff we are a very nuturing nursery and believe all children should access the outdoors so will work with you, so wherever possible your child can attend.