Making Space Carers Outreach Support
Caring for a loved one often places physical and emotional demands on a carer, which can then take a toll on your own health and wellbeing. Our professional support workers are here to lighten the load, give you as much help and guidance as you need, and enable you to stay engaged with the community and involved in the activities you enjoy the most.
The service we offer
Making Space Carers Outreach Support is free to carers in Barnsley.
- Give you emotional support
- Provide support to remain both mentally and physically engaged
- Offer information, advice and guidance to help you as a carer
- Support you to enjoy your life outside of your caring role
- Help enable you to fulfil your educational, employment and wellbeing potential
- Signpost other services and organisations that can help
- Support you to communicate with health and wellbeing teams
Importantly, we also provide support to previous carers, helping you to re-engage with the community, your interests and your friends.
Who is the service for?
This service is for you if while caring for a person and:
- You need support for your own health and wellbeing
- You need help to improve your own resilience and confidence
- You feel isolated or un-supported in your caring role or post-caring
Our person-centred approach
We support carers to identify themselves at an early stage and then involve you in the design and planning of your personal support requirements. This helps us gain a thorough understanding of your own individual needs.
If you are registered with a Barnsley GP, and are caring for someone, you can access the Carers Outreach Support Service by contacting us using the details below:
Who to contact
- 01226 288772
Where to go
- Carers Outreach Support Service
- S71 5PN