Umbrella Service - Early Support for Mental Health Problems - By Humankind
The umbrella service offers five different types of support for people with low level mental health problems and or learning disabilities:
- Befriending – Befriending will link you to a local volunteer who can offer
- Housing Support – Provides support with tenancy related issues to enable you to develop
- Peer Support – Can help improve your mental wellbeing. Umbrella can help you access a range of peer support groups.
- Counselling – Can help you explore and change how you think about your life and free you from unhelpful patterns of behaviour. We can off 8 – 12 sessions of 1:1 counselling
- Group work - Designed to support you in living well. We run a choice of groups to suit your needs such as Managing Stress and building Self Esteem.
You can call any time between the hours of 9-5 Monday – Friday on 01226 704090. We will have a chat with you to make sure we are the right service then you will be offered an appointment for an assessment and we will tell you about the various options and when they are.
Crookes Street Entrance
This is a free service provided by the Charity Humankind, on behalf of Barnsley Council.
Who to contact
- 01226 704090
Where to go
- S70 6BX
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type FREE