Hearing Support and Vision Support Service
They offer a range of specialised support to meet the needs of children and young people with a vison and/or hearing loss. Their aim is to support families and practitioners to remove barriers to inclusion and enable equal access to the learning environment and curriculum.
The Hearing Support Service support schools, settings and families to develop
- Language acquisition.
- Language development.
- Social and emotional well-being.
The Vision Support Service offer a wide range of bespoke packages dependent on the needs of the child or young person which can include the following
- Teaching of braille, typing/keyboard skills.
- Assessment and advice on curriculum requirements.
- Teaching programmes related to the use of technology.
- Development of personal care.
- Sighted guide training for people working with young people and their families.
Who to contact
- Hearing & Vision Support