Designated Clinical Officer (DCO)
Designated Clinical Officer ( DCO).
Who am I?
My Name is Hermione Rostron I am the DCO for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in Barnsley
What does that mean?
I play a role in carrying out a set of government rules known as the SEND reforms which are all about how children and young people with SEND are supported.
What do I do?
- I Support health colleagues to make sure that children and young people 0-25 with SEND have the right health support to achieve the best outcomes they possibly can.
- I Work with commissioners, stakeholders, children and young people, parents and carers by meeting with them to look at ways we can improve health services now and for the future.
- I support the EHC Team’s decision making by offering health advice on children’s assessment and Education, Health and Care plans (EHCP)
- I help health professionals with the EHCP process to make sure that suitable health support is in the plan.
- I Work with the SEND team ,the local authority, education professionals, social care and health services to encourage them to work together to provide the best support possible for children and young people in Barnsley.
- I make sure we can show that we have a good Local Offer of Health Services for those age 0-25 yrs. with SEND
If you have a question about health services and support for your children and young people, I can offer advice on who to talk to and where to go for help . You can Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Hermione Rostron
- Contact Position
- Designated Clinical Officer
- 07717695699 or 01226 433772
Where to go
- Hillder House
- S75 2PY