Skip to main content

Disabled Person's Travel Pass

Disabled person's travel pass

A disabled person's travel pass entitles people to free travel at all times within South Yorkshire on:

  • local bus services, trams and trains
  • Northern Rail services between South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire
  • buses throughout England at off-peak times (between 9.30am and 11pm weekdays, all day at weekends and on Bank Holidays)

You can't use your pass to travel on trams outside of South Yorkshire.

Travel passes are issued free of charge by Travel South Yorkshire.

How to qualify for a pass

You'll automatically qualify for a pass if:

  • you receive the higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
  • you receive Personal Independence Payment (PIP) with an award of at least eight points in the 'Moving Around' category and/or the Enhanced Daily Living Component.
  • you receive a war pensioner's mobility supplement
  • you have a Blue Badge parking permit

Applying for a pass

If you automatically qualify, you can apply online for a travel pass by setting up an account with Travel South Yorkshire. Or you can fill in a paper travel pass application available from the Transport Interchange and either post it or drop it off at the Transport Interchange.

You'll need to provide copies of:

  • proof of your age
  • proof of your address
  • proof of entitlement
  • a recent passport-sized photograph of yourself

For online applications, you can scan and upload the documents.  If you're applying in writing, you'll need to enclose a copy of your documents with your application.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Disabled Person's Travel Pass

Other Details

Local Offer

Last updated on 09/08/2019
rating button