Barnsley College is rated outstanding by Ofsted and is ranked second in the country in the NicDex college league tables.
It was named BTEC Apprenticeship Provider of the Year in 2017 and the latest Department for Education research shows it has the happiest students in Yorkshire. It has approximately 10,700 students studying on various programmes including:
- Vocational courses
- A Levels
- Adult and part-time
Higher Education coursesBarnsley College Learner's Charter
We hope to provide you with a learning and listening community.
What you can expect from us:
- We recognise you as an individual with a wide range of talents whatever your background.
- We share responsibility with you in planning what you want to learn.
- We help you to understand the choices open to you and how the choices can help you.
- We will help you to develop all the skills necessary so that you are a successful learner.
Skills and Knowledge
- We will support you in working with others to plan what you learn.
- We will teach you well and help you to meet your course requirements and make good progress.
- We aim to help you use the skills you have already developed.
- We will support you to gain confidence in taking on new challenges.
- We will give you support to enable you to achieve your targets and goals.
How and where you learn
- We will provide different teaching and learning approaches and up-to-date resources which meet your personal needs and help you meet the demands of your course.
- Our teaching and support staff will support you in all aspects of your learning.
- The College offers modern, learning environments with up-to-date resources which are designed to help you progress quickly.
Listening to you
- We will ask for your views about your learning in the College along with your views of all the services offered to help us to improve quality
- We will ask you to think about your own learning and help plan your next steps.
- We will provide independent advice, information and guidance to help you plan your future learning.
- We will review your work and provide feedback on how to improve your own standards.
- We will recognise and give praise for your achievements.
- We will make sure that you know that you are valued and listened to.