Victim Support South Yorkshire
Crime impacts people in different ways. This is why our specially trained staff contact victims and spend time speaking to them to find out what kind of support they might benefit from to help them cope with the effects of crime and move on with their lives.
We offer a broad range of services delivered by compassionate, professional staff and volunteers that are tailored to meet the individual needs of anyone who has been affected by crime.
Sometimes a victim’s needs are met just by speaking to one of our staff during the initial phone call. We provide immediate help and information on the phone including:
- Information about police and court procedures.
- Advice on personal safety.
- Providing an independent person to talk to in confidence. For those who need further support, we also offer a wide range of services that are delivered through our network of specially trained staff and volunteers who are based in local offices around England and Wales.
These services include practical help such as:
- Fitting locks to secure property.
- Help finding out about insurance or compensation entitlements.
- Help with navigating and knowing what to expect from the criminal justice system.
- Providing someone understanding to talk to.
How to contact us
If you've been a victim of crime and would like our help there are several ways to get in touch:
Contact your nearest office. You can get the main contact number for your area on your local page.
Please note: the best way to request information or support through the website is through our callback facility. If you prefer, you can still email us, but bear in mind that sending personal information about yourself or your situation over a standard email is not secure.
Get help from your local team
If you’ve been affected by crime, call your local victim care team in Humberside and South Yorkshire on 0300 303 1976.
Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am-8pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.
You can also email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can contact us via live chat - our normal operating hours are from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.