Barnsley BSAC Divers
Formed in 1992, Barnsley BSAC Divers is a non-profit making BSAC-affiliated SCUBA diving club with the simple objective – to dive and have fun! We meet at 7:30pm every Tuesday evening at the Barnsley Metrodome.
Through your membership of Barnsley BSAC Divers you can enjoy the full range of club and training activities, including weekend dive trips, diving holidays and social activities. As we are a non-profit organisation, many of these activities are run at cost for the benefit of our members:
- Our theory lectures are free to attend.
- Our Nationally Qualified Instructors are volunteers.
- Our kit hire is cheap.
- After you’re qualified we don’t charge you to dive different experiences like wrecks or drifts.
- We arrange UK and Foreign dive trips all year around to suit all budgets.
You don’t have to be a British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC) qualified diver to join us – in fact some of our most active divers originally trained with PADI, either overseas or in the UK. You won’t have to do a complex transition, or re-train – just come and have a chat and we can work out the best way to get you in the water with us.
If you decide that you would like to continue your training, our qualified instructors can help you progress and qualify through the BSAC diver grades. And, “YES!“, your BSAC qualification is recognised and accepted worldwide!!!
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Board Room (Off the Bowling Alley)
Metrodome, Queens Ground
- S71 1AN
- Contact the service for cost information. Currently theory lessons are done using Zoom. Pool and open water training is on hold until venues are open. We will resume practical skills training as soon as the Metrodome and dive sites re-open.