Langsett Junior Rangers
Junior Rangers are young people aged 11 to 18 with an interest in the outdoor environment. They work alongside the National Park Rangers and the Engagement Team to help look after the Peak District National Park.
The Junior Ranger programme operates across Europe and our groups are affiliated to the Europarc Federation.
What do Junior Rangers do?
- Help Rangers look after the National Park
- Spend time in the outdoors doing practical tasks
- Have fun learning new skills with people your own age
- Help members of the public enjoy being in the National Park
Young people can join at any age but it is recommended that Junior Rangers continue with the programme for at least 2 years.
Who to contact
- 01629 816 200 (8.45am to 5pm Monday to Friday)
The programme is split into 6 areas and there are opportunities to gain qualifications in navigation, first aid and also the John Muir Award. Within the programme areas there are competencies listed at 3 different levels giving the young rangers the opportunity to work their way up through the programme, completing the 3 different levels as they get older and more experienced (if they wish).
The programme allows them to gain the experience required & qualifications where available, to become a volunteer ranger at the age of 17-18.
Where to go
- Peak District National Park Authority (Business Address)
- DE45 1AE
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type FREE
- Joining the rangers is free, sometimes there is a nominal fee for our trips and events events.