Speech and Language Therapy
The Barnsley children’s speech and language therapy team work with children and young people who have speech, language and communication problems. We also support children and young people with eating and drinking difficulties.
We have a team of speech and language therapists who are based around the local area. You may hear people refer to a speech and language therapists as a SALTs or SLT.
The team has general and specialist speech and language therapists. There are specialists for:
- Children who stammer
- Children with complex special needs
- Children with eating and drinking difficulties
- Children with specific speech and language disorder
- Children who need alternative ways to communicate
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Lodge, Kendray Hospital
- S70 3RD