Barnsley SEND Youth Forum
The SEND youth forum is a group of young people aged between 11 and 25 who experience Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
There are currently 14 young people aged between 14 and 24 who attend the sessions, as well as working on SEND specific topics the forum work jointly with their fellow Youth Council and Care4us members.
With support from the Youth Voice and Participation team the young people have the opportunity to have their say and make positive changes to services that affect them.
They are also able to make to make friends, take part in fun activities and learn important life skills supporting them to reach their potential become independent and prepared for adulthood.
The SEND youth forum at the moment are currently meeting online via Microsoft every Tuesday at 5.00pm-6.30pm
What are we doing at the moment ?
- Preparing for some fact finding sessions over the summer
- Supporting the promotion of the local offer
- Working on campaigns including: Mental health, Transport, community safety , protecting the environment 4TS project , hate crime and discrimination
- Continuous work with South Yorkshire Police IAG (Independent youth advisory group)
- Supporting the promotion of Autism and or Learning Disability awareness cards.
- Continuous work with decision makers to improve things that matter to us
- Regular regional meetings with Yorkshire SEND Alliance
Any young person with additional needs can join aged between 11 and 25.
How can we can involved ?
If you are interested in taking part please contact TYSSend@Barnsley.gov.uk
We also have our own have our Webpage
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Wombwell IKIC (I Know I can) Young peoples centre
The Wombwell Centre
- S73 8HT
We are based in Wombwell but sessions run in different venues across Barnsley. For details of sessions please check the sessions in downloads, give us a call or drop us an email.