Skip to main content

Thinking about a Career in Childcare? Why not train to work with Children?

BMBC Adult and Family Learning are recruiting people who are considering a career in early years or as a teaching assistant.  Their courses offer a full level 1, 2 or 3 nationally recognised qualification.

Working with children in schools and nursery

Supporting children’s learning and development in schools and nurseries is a varied and rewarding career. If working in this area interests you, we have a range of courses to suit your training needs to lead towards employment.

Introductory qualifications (Entry 3 + Level 1)

If you are considering a career in childcare these introductory short courses provide the first step to help you decide which route is best for you. The courses are fun, friendly and practical.


Level 2 and 3 qualifications are designed for people who wish to work in childcare and education. At this level you will specialise in your chosen route, either working in school as a teaching assistant or learning support assistant, or in a nursery setting as an early years practitioner.

You will attend class half a day a week and also carry out a placement in your chosen setting to gain practical experience of the role.

An assessed-only route is also available if you are already employed in a school or nursery and find it difficult to attend a class.

Level 3 qualifications may also give learners access to Higher Education in a university setting.

Who to contact


Where to go

Adult Skills & Community Learning
Wellington House, 36
Wellington Street
S70 1WA

Other Details


Most of our courses have a fee; however they may be available with no fee or at a discount if you're unemployed or on means-tested benefits and are actively seeking work. Please ask us about reductions if you're: ◾aged 19 to 23 and looking to study a first Level 2 or 3 course ◾unemployed and enrolling on a course to help you find work (claiming benefits other than Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or you're claiming one of the following: ◾JSA or ESA ◾Universal Credit ◾Income Support ◾housing benefit or council tax support (excluding elderly or single person allowance) ◾Working Tax Credit ◾NASS ◾Pension Guarantee Credit We'll explain all the options available to you before you enrol so that you're clear about any fees you need to pay. Please see our website for our current course brochure and prices or call us on 01226 775270.
Last updated on 20/12/2019
rating button