Barnsley Council SEND Conference 2017
SEND Conference : Working Together for Children with Special Educational Needs
The SEND Conference was one of a series of events. It provided an opportunity :
- To bring people together
- Learn from the experiences of SEND parents/carers and young people
- Remind the Council of its duties
- Think about future planning and priorities
The SEND Conference was held on the 29th September 2017 at the Holiday Inn, Dodworth, Barnsley with over 100 attendees including parents, schools , local authority services, health and care partners.
The agenda included information and discussions from both the National and Local perspectives.
- Rachel Dickinson (Executive Director, People Directorate. BMBC) gave an overview of the Local context : SEND in Barnsley
- Andre Imich (SEN and Disability Professional Advisor . DfE) delivered a presentation: Implementation of the SEND reformsand the National Persepctive
- Clare Jackson from Ipsea delivered a presentation: Duties under the Children and Families Act 2014
To download the presentations click on the 'Useful Downloads' which can be found to the right of this page
After lunch there was opportunity for parents and professionals to take part in thematic discussions:
- Working in partnership with children, young people and families
- Meeting needs -planning education provision
- Meeting needs - getting support services right
The discussions were followed by Panel Questions before the conference drew to a close.
Future events will be promoted on the Barnsley Families Information Service facebook page , alternatively you can email your contact details to infoFIS@barnsley.gov.uk to recieve an email invite to events .
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Families Information Service (FIS)
- 0800 0345 340
Where to go
- Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council,
- S70 2RD