Barnsley Adult Learning Disability Services (Community)
What is the service all about?
Any person aged 18 years and over who has a significant learning disability qualifies for support from the Community Learning Disability Team. The service is made up of Social Workers, Nurses, Support Workers and other support staff.
- Support to improve health and wellbeing
- Specialist assessment and interventions where needs cannot be met in mainstream services
- Liaison with mainstream services around reasonable adjustments for people with learning disabilities
Where is the service based?
The Community Learning Disability Team is based at The Keresforth Centre, Barnsley.
How do I refer into the service?
There is an open referral process which means anyone can make a referral either for themselves or on behalf of a person with a learning disability.
The referral criteria is:
- Adults with a diagnosed learning disability who are over 18 and whose needs cannot be met in mainstream services.
- Adults seeking a diagnosis of learning disability – psychology only.
- Young people in transition from children’s services who need highly specialised support to make the transition.
You contact the Single point of access team on 01226 645237 to refer into the service
On receipt of a referral the Community Learning Disability Team will then contact the person/referrer to discuss the next steps.
Where can I find out more?
Click here to find out more about the service.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Keresforth Centre,
- S70 6RS