We are a service available for people aged 19 and over with additional help and support needs. Bettalives is about promoting individual independence whilst learning new skills, gaining confidence, forming friendships and creating a real sense of community.
What do BettaLives offer?
When you come to BettaLives we will support you to:
- Promote your independence
- Gain More confidence Achieve your goals
- Try new things
- Learn new skills
- Manage your money
- Cook healthy meals
- Access the community in a safe way
- Make new friends and socialise appropriately
- These achievements will be managed through a series of activities, such as: Baking Cooking Shopping Drama Crafts Community events - bake sales, open kitchen, Volunteering within the community Horticulture
These are just a few of the activities BettaLives will be offering!
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Michelle Atkinson and Gail Tonge
- Contact Position
Where to go
120 Pontefract Road
- S71 1JA
We have disabled access and onsite parking.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £50 Per session £30 Half Day
- Full day sessions we will provide lunch that the clients will make themselves. Half day session won't include lunch but all the activities we would be carrying out.
- Other notes
The BettaLives service is provided by Michelle Atkinson who has previously worked within an outstanding Special Needs School for 16 years and is a fully qualified teacher for ages 14+ alongside Gail Tonge who has worked within various special needs settings for the past 32 years. This team has a lot of experience and passion to offer any individual with additional needs.
Michelle qualifications - Teaching qualification, QTLS, food hygiene, first aid, Makaton and safe guarding
Gail qualifications - Level 3 teaching assistant qualification. NEBOSH (health and safety), first aid, food hygiene and safe guarding
Who can use BettaLives?
People with a Learning Disability, autism, a physical disability, mental health disability or other health or sensory needs.
Providing opportunities to develop skills and independence, empowering individuals to fulfil life goals.
Independence - We promote independence, encouraging individuals to fulfil their potential.
Inclusive - We are committed to encourage individuality and respect their unique worth.
Proud - We pride ourselves on promoting self awareness to ensure a sense of belonging within our community.
Aspire - No goals are unachievable as one door closes, another one opens.