Recovery Steps Barnsley (Drug and Alcohol Services)
UPDATE: April 2020
Recovery Steps (Barnsley’s adult drug and alcohol treatment provider) has stopped all face to face contact with clients, unless there’s a clinical need. However, they are still taking referrals and supporting people over the phone. If you know of anybody who may benefit from brief intervention etc. during this time please pass on the service details – Recovery Steps 01226 779066.
For those aged under 18years the Young People’s Substance Misuse Service are continuing taking referrals and supporting young people and professionals over the phone – 01226 705980 firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t hesitate to contact us should you need any advise or information.
Further guidance for those who are alcohol dependant is currently being developed by PHE, and I will forward this once we receive it. That said, There is some information from Scotland that may be useful until we have official guidance - https://www.shaap.org.uk/downloads/238-new-guidance-for-covid-19-and-people-with-alcohol-related-problems/download.html
Below are two links that you may find useful:
We are a drug and alcohol recovery service for Barnsley.
Our aim is to help people recover from and be free from drug and alcohol addiction and to reduce the harm that is caused to individuals, families and communities.
As part of our support, we offer:
- One-to-one support.
- Group therapy.
- Support to family members
- A health and well-being check, health screenings, blood testing and vaccinations.
- Support to reduce harm and prevent overdose.
- Substitute medication is available for some drugs that you may use
- Detox from alcohol and/or drugs.
- A peer mentor/volunteer to give you additional support
We can provide early intervention and prevention, including brief intervention, harm reduction, outreach and training.
This may include:
- Guidance for people using New Psychoactive Substances, ‘club drugs’, cannabis and steroids.
- Sterile injecting equipment through local pharmacies and our on-site needle exchange.
- The right intervention at the right time for you.
We can support you with your treatment and recovery in a number of ways
- You can join one of our local recovery groups
- When you leave treatment, we can give you ongoing support in the community
- We can support you to get specialist services and mutual aid
- Working with community groups, we can help you ﬁnd opportunities for employment, education and voluntary work
- Our service works in local communities to support people with drugs and/or alcohol issues.
The Recovery Steps service is delivered by Humankind on behalf of Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council.
You can check out the Recover Steps Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/Barnsley-Recovery-Steps-646539775543098/
5-6 Burleigh Court, Burleigh Ct, Burleigh St, Barnsley S70 1XY, UK
Dearne Enterprise Centre, 1 Barnburgh Ln, Doncaster DN5, UK
How do I get help?
You can contact us on 01226 779066, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Anyone can make a referral to the Recovery Steps Barnsley service e.g. self-referrals, family members or professionals.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Recovery Steps Barnsley (Drug and Alcohol Services)
- 01226 779066
- Barnsley Recovery Steps Website
Where to go
Recovery Steps Barnsley Drug & Alchohol Treatment Service, 5-6
- S70 1XY