Recovery Steps Barnsley (Drug and Alcohol Services)
We are a drug and alcohol recovery service for Barnsley.
Our aim is to help as many people as possible to recover from and be free from drug and alcohol dependency, and to reduce the harm that is caused to individuals, families and communities.
We have experienced, professional teams who will work with you on your journey to recover from drugs and/or alcohol.
You will be allocated a Key Worker who will support you throughout your treatment and help you to develop a Recovery Plan that is built around you and your circumstances.
As part of our support, we offer:
- One-to-one support.
- Structured group therapy work.
- Support to family members, involving them as part of your recovery plan wherever possible and with your consent.
- A health and well-being check, health screenings, blood testing and vaccinations.
- Help you achieve a balanced approach to life through therapeutic intervention.
- Support to reduce harm and prevent overdose.
- Substitute medication is available for some drugs that you may use
- Detox from alcohol and/or drugs.
- A peer mentor/volunteer to give you additional support
We encourage everyone who works with us to take ownership over their Recovery Plan to make sure it’s right for them, giving them the best chance at a successful recovery.
We can provide early intervention and prevention, including brief intervention, harm reduction, outreach and training.
This may include:
- Guidance for people using New Psychoactive Substances, ‘club drugs’, cannabis and steroids.
- Sterile injecting equipment through local pharmacies and our on-site needle exchange.
- The right intervention at the right time for you.
We can support you with your treatment and recovery in a number of ways
- You can join one of our local recovery groups
- When you leave treatment, we can give you ongoing support in the community
- We can support you to get specialist services and mutual aid
- Working with community groups, we can help you ﬁnd opportunities for employment, education and voluntary work
- Our service works in local communities to support people with drugs and/or alcohol issues.
The Recovery Steps service is delivered by Humankind on behalf of Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council.
You can check out the Recover Steps Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/Barnsley-Recovery-Steps-646539775543098/
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Recovery Steps Barnsley (Drug and Alcohol Services)
- 01226 779066
- Barnsley Recovery Steps Website
Where to go
Recovery Steps Barnsley Drug & Alchohol Treatment Service, 5-6
- S70 1XY